Pages

Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Writing While 9 months Pregnant

So I'm scrambling to finish the last book in my billionaire series as Nicole Camden before my darling son comes along and I've hit a snag. I can't sleep. Like...really can't sleep. Like my doctor gave me a tiny prescription for Ambien so that I could sleep. I hesitated to take it because I don't think they're certain about the effects on the kid, so I took it once. Guess what? It didn't work. I still can't sleep.

This is crazy. I can always sleep. Once, the very idea that I needed to stay up and write would make me fall asleep almost instantly. Now, I dread bedtime. I know I'll fight and shift and kick the covers. I started this bargain with myself. I'll try to sleep for 20 minutes. If that doesn't work, I'll write for 20 minutes and try again. You'd think I'd be getting a lot done. But sleep deprived writing is odd writing, and I'm not working with my usual energy. I also work a paying job all day, so I suppose that doesn't help. How do mom writer's do this?

I've tried hot baths, warm milk, Benadryl, the pregnancy pillow, sitting in the glider, the couch, taking naps, etc. I'll fall asleep for like ten minutes and then BAM! There will be a spasm in my leg or I'll have to pee, or the baby will squirm, or I'll just be suddenly and explicitly AWAKE and there is nothing I can do....I've actually thrown fits, kicking the covers like a toddler..lol. I'm sure crying is next.

Ah well, enough whining. Hopefully it will all make for good reading in a book someday. Here's to all writers who are also moms. Bless your heart.

Best,

Deirdre Dore aka Nicole Camden

@Nicole_Camden
@DeirdreDore

www.deirdredore.com
www.nicolecamden.com


No comments:

Post a Comment